$100 OFF SUMMER CAMPS & SUMMER PROGRAMS
$100 off all of our Summer Programs for all students K-12!
Offer Ends June 7, 2015.Check our Summer Camps and Summer Programs! _____________________________________________________________________________
Rather than driving your youngster to an education center, Above Grade Level tutoring is carried out within a comfortable and familiar learning surrounding, your own home. It is at home where the student is most confident and diversions can be kept to a minimum. While at home, the student receives individual attention and fopcus from our tutors, and at the same time, mothers and fathers save time, ensuring that tutoring is performed according to your selected timetable.
Your child ought to get the exclusive interest of their tutor. This is not always achievable when the tutor is responsible for dealing with a number of children at the same time. Working one-to-one with our Above Grade Level’s tutors allows us to center our attention on the student’s specific concerns and tailor instruction to suit his or her style and rate of learning.
Above Grade Level tutors use Research-Based Best Practices as recommended by leading experts in tutoring.
These recommendations include:
- In-home tutoring. Rather than driving your son or daughter to a learning center, tutoring is completed within a familiar studying atmosphere, your house, where distractions can be decreased.
- Application of analysis resources. Our skill evaluations in math and reading were developed by professors at the University of California, Berkeley. These evaluations are keyed to individual State Standards.
- Trained and qualified tutors. Our tutors are screened and tested to make certain they are able to teach the studies appointed to them. Tutors are either credentialed teachers or specialists with university training in the course.
- Tutoring solutions that engage the learner in an active learning method. Our multi-sensory technique employs a custom designed curriculum that ensures optimal learning results.
- Mentoring children in good study habits. We not only teach the subject matter, but also the best way to become a more efficient student as a life-long skill.
- Mentoring parents regarding the best ways to maintain the learning process. Parents find out how to help their child to keep up effective learning.
- Tracking progress session to session. We supply consistent evaluations to parents to ensure you are able to observe the growth your boy or girl is making.
- Use of ongoing feedback. Students enjoy constant feedback from their tutors so that they promptly learn how much they are improving.
- Formal and informal evaluation throughout. Tutoring pupils are continually tested to make certain that they are establishing the groundwork of concepts needed for long-lasting efficiency.
- Collaboration with classroom teacher. We recommend that the student’s teacher work collaboratively with us to ensure effective learning in the classroom.
Compared to the evaluations offered by many other tutoring professionals, which they may have developed on their own, the evaluation we use was actually created by education professionals and is keyed to the State Standards that your child’s school follows at each grade level. This gives us a comprehensive view of how your daughter or son is performing in each of the areas that they will be expected to master in school.
This evaluation has a value of $150. We provide it to you free of cost so you can discover where your child’s strengths and weaknesses lie. The evaluation takes around 30-45 minutes and is taken by your child online at a time which best meets your schedule. We then arrange for a free of charge, in-home consultation, to go over the final results in detail with you. There is no cost or obligation for this meeting, and whether or not you decide to arrange for tutoring for your daughter or son, you will be much better informed about his or her learning needs.
Yes! We recommend the student’s teacher to work collaboratively with us to ensure effective learning in the classroom.
The number of tutoring visits depends on the needs of the student. As soon as the evaluation is finished, we can create an educational program and propose how many visits may required to address the areas where the student needs help.
Our tutors come to your house to work with your child according to the routine that works best for the child and your family members.
Sessions may be one to two hours, depending on what works best for the student, as well as the learning course.
Our Tolland County and Hartford County tutors are screened and tested to ensure their ability to teach the courses appointed to them. Tutors are either credentialed teachers or specialists with university training in the subject matter.